Any Drug Capable of Preventing a Virus From Entering A Cell Will Prevent And Stop An Epidemic When Used According To Validated Recommendations!
Revised Covid-19 Treatment and the Worsening Failure of Government
We have revised the drug treatment plan that we currently recommend for the treatment of the current outbreak of the corona virus (Covid-19). This plan is based on the most current research submitted by true experts worldwide. Political authority and / or connections do not grant scientific credentials.
This drug regimen is intended to address the clinical considerations necessary to halt a politically defined pandemic with an epidemiology showing many more infected than with previous SARS, MERS, H1N1 swine flu, etc. epidemics, but with a lower fatality rate. To accomplish that, the viral pool coming from every infected person infecting over two others needs to be diminished. Succinctly, the virus needs to be prevented from entering other cells to replicate.
The good news is that a very safe drug that has been around for over 50 years is able to to prevent the SARS-CoV-2 virus from attaching to the ACE2 receptor and another drug is able to prevent active entry into a host cell. Already in phase 4 trial in Germany, the two cost a fraction of what remdesivir and other antivirals that affect viral replication once it has entered the cell cost. More, the fact that normal cells are not destroyed allowing normal immune responses to develop, makes the combination ideal for dealing with viral infections such as we are now facing. Either hydroxychloroquine or camostat prevent Covid-19 from entering the cell.
We find it inexcusable that government agencies rejected the use of hydroxychloroquine as a first line treatment for those with symptoms after having been tested for Covid-19. Could it be that these swamp dwellers are only about attacking the President rather than protecting the public health? Unwilling to join in the attack on America, this Committee must point out that any objections citing lack of controls, safety, etc. are groundless. As to controls, we have meta analysis data from many clinicians dealing with the current crisis that unequivocally states that to not use hydroxychloroquine is malpractice! Coupling that fact with the undeniable safety history of hydroxychloroquine elevates non use of it to a level of moral bankruptcy! And all to demean and diminish a President only seeking to honor his promises to the American people!
This Committee will address the multi–pronged attack on the Constitution by politicians sworn by oath to “protect and defend” it in a later article. Suffice it to say that some call it treason!
“There is no pandemic exception, however, to the fundamental liberties the Constitution safeguards.”
Our updated recommendation for those having symptoms of possible Covid-19 infection, but unconfirmed, is as follows:
- 1.) hydroxychloroquine sulfate (HQ) – 200mg three times a day [tid] for 6 (minimum) to 10 days or until PCR (polymerase chain reaction) negative
- 2.) zinc sulfate – 220mg once a day [qd] for five days
- 3.) camostat mesilate (CM) – 400 mg three times a day [tid] for 6 (minimum) to 10 days or until PCR negative
- 4.) azithromycin (AZ) – 500mg initial loading dose + 250mg on the first day, then 250mg twice a day [bid] for five days, if testing positive for SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19), and the progression / worsening of the symptoms of the disease as accessed by a physician warrants its use.
- 5.) PCR testing for SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) six days after instituting HQ treatment. If the test is positive, at four day intervals until negative.
Note: Hydroxychloroquine, camostat mesilate, and azithromycin, are prescription drugs to be taken under the supervision of a physician. Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin may be prescribed off-label in America. Camostat mesilate is approved in Japan for other indications, and is not available in the U.S. through FDA approved channels.
The above consensus opinion was arrived at considering the following, with camostat added for our global audience:
- Chloroquine is and has been used for decades in the treatment of malaria. Its safety and efficacy are well documented. Hydroxychloroquine is more efficacious and safer than chloroquine. Hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine act in preventing viral attachment to the ACE-2 receptor on cells. Both have safety concerns that are related to dose and duration of use. At 10 or less days of use and at the suggested dosing, most experts do not feel safety is a deterring concern. Prolongation of the Q-T interval > 500ms usually responds to decreasing or ceasing use. Its efficacy is maximized in a 24 – 48 hour window at the onset of symptoms. After that time, it has little effect on the progression of symptoms, and no effect on treating symptoms. It is ideal for epidemiological control, particularly considering its cost, safety, and efficacy, and should be in universal use to halt this pandemic. As with any drug, treatment should be appropriately monitored for any adverse effects.
- Viral entry into the cell requires S protein priming by cellular serine protease TMPRSS2 which is inhibited by camostat mesilate. Released in 1985 to treat chronic pancreatitis, it has a high safety profile.
- Azithromycin, in addition to its intracellular mechanisms which may interfere with viral replication, has anti-inflammatory effects which may mediate cell / viral integration and interaction. It may prolong the Q-T interval
- Zinc is postulated to have effects on the cell membrane the opposite of those seen with saponification mechanisms used to introduce genetic code in recombinant technologies. It may also affect the lipid viral envelope / membrane formation by interfering with RNA intracellular replication. It is 100% safe.
The multiple issues of government failure not only costing lives, but failing to gather critical information to find answers to the clinical presentation of the cytokine storm; clotting resulting in strokes or worse; leukopenia; compromise of the normal immune response; etc.; all require real time testing, data acquisition, scientific statistical analysis uncompromised by political interference and bias; and epidemiological studies. None of this information vital to protect the public health is going to be available, because government has missed this window of opportunity to mandate the testing required and collect the necessary data.
Of those hospitalized with Covid-19, how many were treated with the hydroxychloroquine (HQ) regimen and / or the HQ /azithromycin (AZ) regimen, or any other regimen, for that matter? What was the timeline of that treatment, since it is known that that earlier the treatment with HQ (24 – 48 hours max), the more effective HQ treatment is.
If treated with other drugs trying to address the cytokine storm, abnormal clotting, leukopenia; compromise of the normal immune response; etc.; what were those modalities, what was the timeline of treatment, and what were the outcomes? How do comorbidities affect the disease, both as to the virus and the cell? What could interferon and immune globulin blood panels that are not being drawn show?
Why has government not mandated a universal comprehensive healthcare database to answer, not just the epidemiological, treatment, risk, etc. questions associated with this pandemic, but to alter the course of money driven healthcare? What does one hydroxychloroquine tablet or one camostat mesilate tablet really cost? What should big healthcare and big pharma be allowed to charge for those drugs or any drug?
The Framers intended Congress to regulate interstate commerce! In no circumstance was the intention of the Framers, indelibly inscribed in the Bill of Rights to be compromised by either the public majority or those holding the reins of political power!